Amy tagged me!
Here are the rules: Link to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Write six random things about yourself. Tag six people at the end of your post linking to their blog. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. Here goes:
- I adore shoes, but I hate wearing them. I own an ungodly amount of shoes, and when I go shopping I can’t help but scout out some hotness in shoe form. But I spent most of my life in some type of dance shoe and have immediate relatives who have feet so jacked up they’d be better off as foot amputees, so that means I have to be careful what shoes I wear. Usually it’s more comfortable for me not to wear any at all. I don’t really like how shoes feel on my feet, and yes I *will* take a pair of shoes off if my feet hurt and not care where I am. I’m that crazy lady you see in the summer tipping barefoot across the parking lot with a pair of espadrilles in her hand cussing the pavement for being so hot. (Yes Jameil, I’m talking about feet again!)
- I’m horrible about calling people back. I’ll remember like 3 days later that I was supposed to call you back then send you an ‘oops’ text. But I’m honest about it, so don’t be mad.
- I don’t drink extra cold water and I’ll wait for the ice to melt before I drink ice water. Something about it being really cold makes me sneeze. Restaurant waitstaff get a kick out of me asking for ‘slightly-below-room-temperature water’. Everything else I drink has to be cold…damn near frozen for me to drink it (except my morning tea/coffee).
- I love airports. There’s something about seeing people crossing paths in one big azz building at random intersections of their lives that interests me. Like this family is going on vacation, this person is going to a funeral, and I’m going to see my old college roommates, but for just a little while we’re all here and have something in common. I hope to visit all of the airports in the USA and most of the major international hubs before I die. Yep, I’m a nerd. Certified.
- I’m excited about having kids. D and I are planning on waiting for a year after the wedding, but both of us are looking forward to being parents and talk about it almost daily. I think he’d be the best dad. We’re not rushing though, and we like it that way. I didn’t think I was going to want kids, but that maternal urge is no joke.
- One of my nicknames is “Face”. I can and often do make some crazy looking faces and can’t for the life of me hide how I’m feeling because my face will tell on me. Back in high school, someone did an art project based on my mug…every day for 30 days she took a picture of me making a face then made a collage out of the pictures. Angry face, stinky face, WTF face, etc. She got an A on the project and it was featured in some local student art show. Kinda strange having my face be an art project, but that was my 8.5 minutes of fame.
I’m supposed to tag 5 other people, but I never know who to tag so if you want to play go for it and post this on your blog.