This is a going back to high school meme, given that school just started for most kids and all, I thought this to be fitting.
1. Did you date someone from your high school?
I went to an all-girl school, so no. But I did date a guy who went to the boys’ school across the street (we had some co-ed classes in high school)
2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
3. Did you car pool to school?
I did in elementary school, but the people we carpooled with graduated by the time I was in 6th grade (my school was Prek-12)
4. What kind of car did you have?
Ahh yes, Tercelly! I had a cherry red 1992 Toyota Tercel; complete with crank down windows and fuzzy dice. You couldn’t tell me NOTHIN!
5. What kind of car do you have now?
2007 Ford Explorer. I just gave my 3 year old Corolla to my mom (happy birfday!) so we could get a kid-hauler.
6. On a Friday Night…what do you do now?
Usually dinner with D and some friends or out with the girls. Sometimes I’ll make it Friday Night In and watch movies or something.
7. On a Friday Night…where were you then?
If I wasn’t working, I’d be mallin’ it with my crew (usually some kind of adventure would ensue) or out with boyfriend of the moment.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
I worked the concession stand and ticket booth at a movie theater, so I was popular with my friends. Everyone tried to take advantage of my free movie hook-up.
9. What kind of job do you do now?
I’m a network manager for a vision benefit management company
10. Were you a party animal?
Yes and no. When I’d go visit HS boyfriend at college, I’d party HARD with his frat brothers, etc. But at home, I was a bit more toned down and just did normal hangout stuff like movies and a few HS parties. Oh wait…I did sneak out of the house quite a few times with bad-boy boyfriend (not HS guy) to go clubbing. Yeeah, imagine that…14 year old me being escorted into the club and drinking on a school night. No ID check, no nothing. Does that make me a party animal?
11. Where you considered a flirt?
*bats eyes and smiles* Who me?
12. Were you in band, orchestra or choir?
I was in glee club for three days. Does that count?
13. Were you a nerd?
Yeah, but a pretty cool one. I was on honor or high-honor roll every trimester.
14. Did you ever get suspended from school?
Twice. Once for sneaking out of our hotel room with my friend when we were one a dance team field trip and another time for getting in a fight with my best friend in the hallway and mistakenly smacking the piss out of my english teacher.
15. Can you sing the fight song?
LOL! I went to an all-girl lily white private school. What fight song?
16. Who was your favorite teacher?
Ms. Scapatici (English) and Dr. Munaim (Biology). Still talk to them to this day. Facebookin’ and all.
17. Where did you sit during lunch?
In the student lounge watching TV.
18. What was your school’s full name?
Albany Academy for Girls
19. Where did you party the most?
The Domino Club. It was a local Jamaican club/hole-in-the wall spot. Got raided and shut down a few years back.
20. What was your school’s mascot?
A bear. The school tried to call it a grizzly bear, but during pep rallies the mascot costume was a teddy bear complete with a pink bow in her hair.
21. Would you do it again?
11th grade, hell yeah. The rest of it you can keep.
22. Do you still talk to people from high school?
A few. We’re mostly Facebook friends, so we stay in touch for the major life events.
23. What were your school colors?
Blue and Gold
If you want to jack this meme, feel free. Or just leave your fondest/embarassing/etc high school moments in the comment box, I love nostalgia stories!